November 11th, 2021
Betrayal can affect your entire life – work, health, and even your relationships. In a previous episode, I explored how to heal from betrayal in your relationship. This episode focuses on how to heal from betrayal within yourself. Joining me to discuss post betrayal syndrome and post betrayal transformation is Dr. Debi Silber.
Dr. Debi Silber is the founder of the PBT (Post Betrayal Transformation) Institute and is a holistic psychologist, a health, mindset and personal development expert, the author of Trust Again, and is a 2-time #1 International bestselling author of: The Unshakable Woman and From Hardened to Healed: The Effortless Path to Release Resistance, Get Unstuck and Create a Life You Love.
You’ve heard it before, “Time heals all wounds.” But, Dr. Debi Silber has proof that this is not true. It doesn’t matter if your betrayal happened decades ago, you can still experience Post Betrayal Syndrome today.
However, if you are willing to do the work, you can move through all five stages of healing in order to get to post betrayal transformation and experience freedom on the other side.
- Betrayal is different from other life crises. (7:27)
- Post Betrayal Syndrome: a collection of symptoms that are very common in betrayal. (10:48)
- Why do we get stuck after we have been betrayed? (17:02)
- If you are going to fully heal from betrayal, you will go through five predictable stages. Dr. Silber shares these five stages. (22:08)
- When you face it, feel it; you can heal it. (31:44)
- After the shattering of trust, it cannot be repaired. But it can be rebuilt. (37:34)
- The difference between resilience and transformation. (38:07)
- What to look for in a therapist for post-betrayal healing. (49:51)
Learn More About Dr. Silber:
Dr. Debi Silber is the founder of the PBT (Post Betrayal Transformation) Institute and is a holistic psychologist, a health, mindset and personal development expert, the author of Trust Again, and is a 2-time #1 International bestselling author of: The Unshakable Woman and From Hardened to Healed: The Effortless Path to Release Resistance, Get Unstuck and Create a Life You Love. Her recent PhD study on how we experience betrayal made 3 groundbreaking discoveries that change how long it takes to heal. In addition to being on FOX, CBS, The Dr. Oz Show, TEDx (twice) and more, she’s an award-winning speaker and coach dedicated to helping people move past their betrayals as well as any other blocks preventing them from the health, work, relationships, confidence, and happiness they want most.
Resources & Links:
Should I Stay or Should I Go – Money Survey by Kate Anthony and Amanda Steinberg
Dr. Debi Silber’s website
Dr. Silber on Facebook
Dr. Silber on Twitter
Dr. Silber on Linkedin
Dr. Silber on Instagram
Dr. Silber on Youtube
Are you healed or hardened? Take the quiz
TODAY’S EPISODE IS SPONSORED BY:
THE DIVORCE SURVIVAL PROGRAM
As one of the pioneers of the divorce coaching industry, I’ve been helping women (most of whom are moms) navigate the divorce process for the last decade.
AND NOW, FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, ALL OF MY DIVORCE WISDOM IS AVAILABLE IN ONE ONLINE PROGRAM.
This program is 100% for you if…
- You’re a mom looking for a clear roadmap to a divorce that won’t destroy your kids
- You’re looking for answers and a roadmap
- You understand that divorce is a long game
- You’re willing to put away your boxing gloves
- You want this to be a respectful and collaborative process in service of your kids
- You understand that divorce is, first and foremost, an emotional process and you’re ready to ‘go there’