March 17th, 2022
The conflict some women experience in their relationships isn’t always just “run of the mill” conflict. In fact, in many cases it is abuse. So, how do you know if what you’re experiencing is conflict or something more sinister like narcissistic abuse? Joining me to discuss the top eight experiences of women who are in a narcissistic abusive relationship is Leanne Oaten.
Leanne’s passion is to guide women who are experiencing narcissistic abuse to end the cycle and get clarity on whether to stay or leave. Our hope is that by listening to this episode, you will be able to recognize whether or not the experiences that are occurring in your life, line up with the top eight experiences we discuss. And if they do, you can begin to seek out support and decide your next steps.
- The difference between abuse and narcissistic abuse. (4:19)
- How a narcissist uses gaslighting to distort your reality. (6:10)
- The extreme highs and lows women experience including love bombing and depression. (9:52)
- The effects of blame-shifting. (12:16)
- His or her crazy-making conversation is a tool the narcissist uses to divert from the original point so they don’t have to take responsibility. (23:03)
- Trauma bonding and the narcissistic abusive relationship. (42:09)
- Don’t go to therapy with your abuser. Don’t do it. (46:05)
Learn more about Leanne Oaten:
Leanne Oaten is a former counselor with over 9 years of experience coaching and supporting clients. After working in the counseling field in private practice for several years, she decided to go virtual with her business to serve women all over the world. She educates and guides women who are experiencing narcissistic abuse to end the cycle and get clarity on whether to stay or leave.
Leanne Oaten founded Awakening Women Support in 2018 to begin sharing her unique and no bullsh*t perspectives on the patterns of narcissistic abuse and posts daily over on Instagram at instagram.com/awakeningwomensupport.
Resources & Links:
Submit your questions about divorce or whether you should stay or go, here!
Leanne on Instagram
Awakening Women Podcast can be found on iTunes and Spotify
End the Cycle Evolve
Pain to Power Bootcamp 3 Part Video + Email series
TODAY’S EPISODE IS SPONSORED BY:
Proof. Protection. Peace of Mind.
The Soberlink remote alcohol monitoring system consists of a portable breathalyzer with wireless technology for real-time results. With proven use as the leading choice in child custody cases since 2011, we are the only system that combines:
- Court-admissibility in all 50 states
- Facial recognition
- Tamper detection
- Easy-to-read Advanced Reporting™
Trust the Experts in Remote Alcohol Monitoring Technology™ to support the best interests of the child in your Family Law cases.