February 17th, 2022
I’ve been a fan of Leslie Bennetts for quite some time. She is a journalist and expert on women’s issues who has spoken all over the world on financial security and women’s empowerment. She is the author of The Feminine Mistake: Are We Giving Up Too Much? She is also my guest this week on the podcast! I am so honored and excited to share this interview with you.
Leslie says, “After divorce, men’s standard of living goes up and women’s goes down a cliff.” The system is broken. Moreover, the blueprint for women’s lives is deeply antiquated. The women in my Facebook community have learned this the hard way. We need a new blueprint. Leslie joins me to bring light to this topic and offers ways we can work to rise up, overcome, and create a new, self-sufficient, path forward.
“It’s time for us to say, ‘No,’ this isn’t good enough. It’s time to rise up and defend our own interests.” Leslie Bennetts
- Why Leslie wrote her book, The Feminine Mistake: Are We Giving Up Too Much? (3:29)
- We must stop telling women and girls that motherhood or marriage is the answer. (9:04)
- The feminine mistake is economic dependency. (10:15)
- Leslie explains why men’s sense of entitlement is a problem for women. (13:52)
- Women should not blame themselves or be blamed for opting out of the workforce to be a caretaker. (25:31)
- But, it is critical for women to be responsible for their own destinies and financial security. (31:12)
- It’s not your fault! You do have to cope with radical change, but it is not your fault. (35:22)
Learn more about Leslie Bennetts:
Leslie Bennetts is a journalist and expert on women’s issues who has spoken all over the world on financial security and women’s empowerment. She is the author of The Feminine Mistake: Are We Giving Up Too Much? as well as the biography Last Girl Before Freeway: The Life, Loves, Losses and Liberation of Joan Rivers.
TODAY’S EPISODE IS SPONSORED BY:
Proof. Protection. Peace of Mind.
The Soberlink remote alcohol monitoring system consists of a portable breathalyzer with wireless technology for real-time results. With proven use as the leading choice in child custody cases since 2011, we are the only system that combines:
- Court-admissibility in all 50 states
- Facial recognition
- Tamper detection
- Easy-to-read Advanced Reporting™
Trust the Experts in Remote Alcohol Monitoring Technology™ to support the best interests of the child in your Family Law cases.