February 24th, 2022
Being in a marriage with a narcissist is exhausting. Divorcing a narcissist is no less exhausting. Tracy Malone is a surTHRIVER of narcissistic abuse, speaker, educator, and emotional resilience coach. In this episode, she joins me to share insights and information from her latest book, DIVORCING Your NARCISSIST: You Can’t Make This Shit Up!
Tracy’s book is a fantastic reference for anyone who is thinking about or in the midst of a high-conflict divorce with a narcissist. During our conversation, we talk about how to protect yourself before, during, and after divorce. When you are divorcing a narcissist, knowledge is empowerment. Tracy is such a great resource on this topic. I hope you get a lot out of our conversation.
- Lessons from DIVORCING Your NARCISSIST: You Can’t Make This Shit Up! (2:55)
- Why a rich narcissist can be much more vindictive than a poor one. (3:36)
- The masks a narcissist wears and how they use their masks to manipulate or trick the people around them. (4:28)
- Common mistakes people make when divorcing a narcissist. (10:31)
- The gray areas of the divorce decree! Tracy offers a reminder to get super finite about the details during your divorce. Plus, Tracy shares a specific decree that every divorce should have. (11:54)
- Post-separation legal abuse and how to protect against it. (16:14)
- Strategies for handling your emotional exhaustion. (26:27)
- Understanding (and having your support system understand) your triggers will be your salvation. (31:58)
- Why forming a team is so important to your divorce and how to determine what kind of lawyer you need. (34:18)
- The healing process and radical acceptance: addressing the wounds from narcissistic abuse and learning to let go of the things you cannot change. (42:31)
Learn more about Tracy:
Tracy Malone is a surTHRIVER of narcissistic abuse, speaker, educator, and emotional resilience coach. Tracy is the founder of NarcissistAbuseSupport.com, a global resource to victims of emotional abuse which offers support to those trying to break the ties with the narcissists in their lives. Tracy is the author of DIVORCING Your NARCISSIST: You Can’t Make This Shit Up!
Resources & Links:
Tracy on Instagram
Tracy on Twitter
Tracy on YouTube
Narcissist Abuse Support Facebook Group
Red Flag checklist are you with a narcissist?
Questions to ask a lawyer before hiring them
Parenting guidelines by state
Pen Digital Voice Recorder
Submit your questions about divorce or whether you should stay or go, here!
Should I Stay or Should I Go?
TODAY’S EPISODE IS SPONSORED BY:
SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO?