April 7th, 2022
Episode 162: Listener Q&A: How Can I Cope with Guilt Post-Divorce? Is My New Relationship Healthy? How Do I Co-Parent When My Ex Has a New Partner?
After last week’s Q&A episode, I received an outpouring of submissions from listeners with questions about co-parenting, relationships, and life after divorce. So I decided to do one more Q&A episode for you!
This week I answer two co-parenting questions: one relates to how open to be with children about the details of your divorce, and the other has to do with co-parenting when your ex has a new partner. I also discuss mindset and mental health post-divorce, including how to cope with feelings of guilt or shame; and how to know if your new relationship is healthy for you.
In this episode, I answer these listener questions:
- How can I talk to my kids about the divorce process when leaving an emotionally and psychologically abusive marriage? There are things I can’t tell them in order to respect their relationship with my ex. How do I let them know I am taking a stand, his behavior was not okay, but also respect their relationship with him?
- How do you know if your new relationship is healthy? After divorcing a narcissist, I am finding it hard to trust a new man and myself fully. But, I don’t want to sabotage a new relationship.
- My husband had a three-year affair with a co-worker half his age. He is still with her and she may end up being a stepmother to my children. My ex and I co-parent beautifully right now, adding her to the mix could ruin all we have accomplished. Help?
- How do I cope with feelings of guilt or shame over my divorce?
Want your question answered in a future episode? You can submit one anonymously. Submit your questions or story, right here.
Resources & Links:
Private Coaching with Kate Anthony
Listener Q&A: Co-parenting with a Narcissist, Dealing with a Manipulative Co-parent, and Supporting Your Children Through Divorce
Listener Q&A: Guilt, Denial & Changing Your Name
Join the 3-Day/Challenge Should I Stay or Should I Go? 11am PT in My Facebook Group
Should I Stay or Should I Go Facebook Group
The Meadows Survivors 1 Program
TODAY’S EPISODE IS SPONSORED BY:
THE DIVORCE SURVIVAL PROGRAM
As one of the pioneers of the divorce coaching industry, I’ve been helping women (most of whom are moms) navigate the divorce process for the last decade.
AND NOW, FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, ALL OF MY DIVORCE WISDOM IS AVAILABLE IN ONE ONLINE PROGRAM.
This program is 100% for you if…
- You’re a mom looking for a clear roadmap to a divorce that won’t destroy your kids
- You’re looking for answers and a roadmap
- You understand that divorce is a long game
- You’re willing to put away your boxing gloves
- You want this to be a respectful and collaborative process in service of your kids
- You understand that divorce is, first and foremost, an emotional process and you’re ready to ‘go there’
Are you ready to learn from one of the world’s top divorce experts and set yourself on the path towards the best possible outcome?