September 30th, 2021
Divorce can be categorized as one of the most overwhelming and emotional breakups there is. Kendra Allen, the Breakup Bestie, joins me this week to offer her insight about how to break up with grace and dignity. I first learned of Kendra’s work through Instagram. She truly has the best relationship breakup advice and often shares about the traps women fall into after a relationship ends.
Kendra Allen is a coach, confidant, best friend, and support for women everywhere going through heartbreak. Her mission is to help women, like you, see breakups not as an end but as a beautiful opportunity to get to know yourself, love yourself, and rediscover what you want and deserve.
- Kendra shares about how she got into the breakup space and what led her to become the Breakup Bestie. (6:32)
- Kendra answers the million-dollar question, “How do you get over a breakup?” And the truth is, “You’ve got to feel the pain.” (12:43)
- Active participation in a healing process heals your wounds. (15:40)
- Why Kendra believes you should go no contact with your ex in order to heal. (Exception: if you are in a co-parenting relationship, no contact won’t necessarily be an option). (15:46)
- Get support and seek help when you need it: a breakup is a good time to work with a therapist, surround yourself with supportive friends, and practice self-care. (27:17)
- Yes, you should unfriend your ex on social media (and their relatives and friends of friends too). Kendra explains why. There’s a lot to be said about cutting off contact in the short term to preserve the long term. (36:45)
- Getting back together. Is it ever a good idea? (42:23)
Learn More About Kendra:
Kendra Allen is your Break Up Bestie- a coach, confidant, best friend, and support for women everywhere going through heartbreak. After going through a series of unhealthy relationships and tough breakups in her 20’s, Kendra dedicated herself to figuring out what it takes to go through a breakup with dignity, grace, and growth. Now it’s Kendra’s mission in life to help women like you see breakups not as an end but as a beautiful opportunity to get to know yourself, love yourself, and rediscover what you want and deserve in a relationship.
Resources & Links:
TODAY’S EPISODE IS SPONSORED BY:
Proof. Protection. Peace of Mind.
The Soberlink remote alcohol monitoring system consists of a portable breathalyzer with wireless technology for real-time results. With proven use as the leading choice in child custody cases since 2011, we are the only system that combines:
- Court-admissibility in all 50 states
- Facial recognition
- Tamper detection
- Easy-to-read Advanced Reporting™
Trust the Experts in Remote Alcohol Monitoring Technology™ to support the best interests of the child in your Family Law cases.