December 9th, 2021
Lindsey Ellison returns to the show this week. You know her as the author of MAGIC Words: How To Get What You Want From a Narcissist. She has a new book out called Blessons of a Breakup. In this episode, both Lindsey and I share about some of our unique experiences with healing from trauma, codependency, or co-addictive relationships. We also explore love addiction and being love avoidant, including what it is, and how it manifests.
For those of you new to Lindsey, she is a relationship coach and founder of Start Over Coaching, Inc. She helps people navigate their divorce or break-up and also helps people break free from narcissistic abuse. Our conversation was healing and beautiful for me; I hope it is for you as well.
- Lindsey shares a personal story of resurfaced codependency and the emotional triggers that manifested. (5:23)
- What Lindsey learned at The Meadows and how it informed her choice to break up with someone she truly loved due their copendendent and co-addictive relationship. (11:00)
- Being unprepared for the pain of a breakup and in a deep pain of grief. (14:32)
- Love addiction: what it is and how it shows up in relationships. (15:39)
- A love addict’s greatest fear is abandonment and an underlying fear of intimacy. (18:03)
- Love addiction versus love avoidance. (18:38)
- Why Lindsey says the spiritual process matters to the healing of a broken heart. (32:11)
- “Our ego is the CEO of all things from the past. Our spirit is only right now.” (41:38)
- Why Lindsey wrote her book Blessons of a Breakup. (42:44)
Learn more about Lindsey:
Lindsey Ellison is a relationship coach and founder of Start Over Coaching, Inc. She helps people navigate their divorce or break-up and also helps people break free from narcissistic abuse. Her newest book, MAGIC Words: How to Get What You Want from a Narcissist, offers a step-by-step formula on how to create a communication plan, and provides a script of empowering “magic” words that can neutralize the power struggle.
Resources & Links:
TODAY’S EPISODE IS SPONSORED BY:
SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO?