December 2nd, 2021
Rhonda Noordyk joins me to discuss her customized strategy women can use for financial wellness before, during, and after divorce. Often not having experience around household finances during marriage leads women to financial injustice post-divorce. In this episode, Rhonda shares her passion for helping women achieve financial justice and financial wellness.
Rhonda is the Founder and CEO of The Women’s Financial Wellness Center, is Host of the podcast, Divorce Conversations for Women, a public speaker and a CDFA-credentialed financial expert, who understands that divorce can be a complicated and a painful journey. Join us for this empowering conversation.
- Why women need education about financial wellness. (7:04)
- Why Rhonda believes the divorce system is broken. (11:49)
- Women need to show up, ask questions, and be sure they are getting fair and equitable property and income. (13:32)
- The biggest financial challenge for women going through divorce. (15:57)
- There is a difference between even and equitable. (17:50)
- A deep-dive into creating a budget. It’s not just about figuring out what you need for child support. (21:21)
- Negotiating and how the acronym ANOT (acknowledge, naturally, obviously, the ask) can help. (22:46)
- Women see a 41% decrease in their standard of living after divorce! (25:47)
- We, as women, must be willing to be uncomfortable and ask for what we need, and still be respectful and firm, all at the same time. When we learn how to do that, it is extremely powerful. (33:23)
- Financial abuse can continue after divorce. (40:58)
- Changing your mindset around money and how your budget can be empowering (and not restrictive). (45:09)
Learn More About Rhonda Noordyk:
Rhonda Noordyk, CDFA®, CDS™ | Founder & CEO – Understanding that divorce can be a complicated and painful journey, Rhonda Noordyk left the financial industry in 2014 to pursue her passion of helping women achieve financial justice in their divorce. She hoped to offer a different kind of divorce experience; one that led to empowering moments and living a happy and fulfilled life, post-divorce.
Cue the Women’s Financial Wellness Center! Designed to help women find a better way to maintain financial wellness throughout and after a woman’s divorce, Rhonda uses her knowledge, passion, and experience to build leading-edge strategies that help her clients stay three steps ahead at all times. With the intention to create a safe place for women – especially those in a vulnerable position – to find their paths, their voices, and the financial confidence they need to lift themselves out of seemingly hopeless situations, Rhonda works to change the narrative of her clients’ divorce experiences.
Instead of feeling overwhelmed and lost in the process, Rhonda works to develop strategies that help women move through and out of their marriage into a new life filled with endless possibility. With a vision to open Women’s Financial Wellness Center branches throughout the country, Rhonda hopes to help even more women figure out what is best for themselves and their families. In April 2020, Rhonda and her team opened a second location in Madison, WI. They are currently in the process of opening five more locations to reach even more women and assist them in realizing their financial goals. Since starting the Women’s Financial Wellness Center, Rhonda has successfully alleviated financial vulnerability for thousands of women.
In addition to being the Founder & CEO of The Women’s Financial Wellness Center, Rhonda hosts a podcast called Divorce Conversations for Women. Her dynamic and inspirational style leaves women with a sense of empowerment.
To connect with Rhonda directly, email her at Rhonda@wfwcllc.com.
Resources & Links:
TODAY’S EPISODE IS SPONSORED BY:
THE DIVORCE SURVIVAL PROGRAM
As one of the pioneers of the divorce coaching industry, I’ve been helping women (most of whom are moms) navigate the divorce process for the last decade.
AND NOW, FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, ALL OF MY DIVORCE WISDOM IS AVAILABLE IN ONE ONLINE PROGRAM.
This program is 100% for you if…
- You’re a mom looking for a clear roadmap to a divorce that won’t destroy your kids
- You’re looking for answers and a roadmap
- You understand that divorce is a long game
- You’re willing to put away your boxing gloves
- You want this to be a respectful and collaborative process in service of your kids
- You understand that divorce is, first and foremost, an emotional process and you’re ready to ‘go there’