December 8th, 2022
I am back with a new episode this week and it is a listener Q&A! You’ve submitted your questions and stories on topics such as co-parenting, how to make hard decisions about divorce, and how to survive financially, especially if you can’t afford to leave your marriage. Tune into this episode to hear my answers to these questions and more.
In this episode, I answer these listener questions:
- My partner and I have had a separation conversation with our children. We’ve separated and now we’re moving on to the divorce process. When do we tell our children about the divorce?
- How can I create healthy boundaries and life for myself, when my ex-husband and I have a young child together?
- I cannot afford to leave and am overwhelmed with things like car maintenance, home maintenance, and repairs. How can I survive financially?
- Should I move back to my home country with my two kids where I have a support system or stay in the country where their life is and their father is, but where I’m alone?
- How do I cope with the number of decisions I must make while going through a divorce – such as what lawyer to hire, what to do with the family home, and what custody schedule to follow?
Desha Kennedy on Instagram @thebrokeblackgirl
TODAY’S EPISODE IS SPONSORED BY: WORTHY
The Divorce Survival Guide podcast is sponsored by Worthy.
Worthy helps you get the most money possible for your diamond jewelry or luxury watch, fast and risk-free. Their experts do all the work for you, and their competitive auctions get you up to 3X what a local jeweler might offer in as little as 2 weeks.
With Worthy, you’re in control from start to finish. If your item doesn’t sell for the price you want, Worthy sends it back to you at no cost, fully insured.
And now for a limited time you’ll get an extra $100 when your jewelry sells for over $1,500. All you have to do is register at https://worthy.com/dsg-podcast. (See website for terms.)