January 26th, 2023
Episode 201: Life After Betrayal with Lora Cheadle
Lora Cheadle has overcome the devastation of betrayal after learning about her husband’s fifteen-year-long infidelity. In this episode, she joins me to share her story including how she helps women reclaim their identity, self-worth, agency, and enthusiasm for life after betrayal.
Lora is a former attorney, podcast host, TEDx speaker, and award-winning author of FLAUNT! Drop Your Cover and Reveal your Smart, Sexy, & Spiritual Self. This is definitely a must-listen episode, not only to hear about how Lora overcame her heartbreak but also for an amazing plot twist to her story! It’s an inspiring conversation.
Featured topics include:
- Lora recollects her story of betrayal and how she was able to finally understand she didn’t cause it or deserve it. (2:33)
- As her relationship was cracking, Lora shares how she had to stand in integrity and still show up as a parent to her children. (16:35)
- It’s not your job to deal with a partner’s trauma, however, it is important to understand what trauma does to a person and how it can cause them to react and relate. (18:39)
- It’s not what you try to do to heal them, it’s what they do. (21:00)
- The importance of disclosures in affair recovery. (22:26)
- The only person that gets to say when trust is restored is the person who was betrayed. (26:21)
- Ask yourself these questions: “Who am I and what do I want? What do I deserve? What am I not going to tolerate anymore?” (27:25)
- The acronym FLAUNT: Find your fetish, laugh out loud, accept unconditionally, navigate, and trust in your truths. (29:54)
Learn more about Lora Cheadle:
An attorney, TEDx speaker, and betrayal recovery coach, Lora Cheadle helps women overcome the devastation of betrayal and confidently engage in life again. After being shattered by her husband’s fifteen years of infidelity, she uses her experience to help others reclaim their identity, self-worth, agency, and enthusiasm for life after betrayal, whether that betrayal is from their body, life, or someone that they love.
Lora is the creator of the Life Choreography® betrayal-recovery process and leads both FLAUNT! and Step into Your Moxie® workshops and training that help participants reclaim their identity, own their worth, and speak up for what they want.
She is the author of the award-winning book, “FLAUNT! Drop Your Cover and Reveal Your Smart, Sexy and Spiritual Self” and has written for Elephant Journal, Om Yoga Journal, Yoga Magazine, Thrive Global, Aspire Magazine, and The Girlfriend.
Named an Exceptional Woman of Excellence by the Women Economic Forum in India in 2019, she was the plenary speaker on “Reclaiming Voice With Validation” as well as a breakout workshop leader and presenter. She has spoken at DisruptHR, for IPMA-HR, SHRM, Alexia Vernon Empowerment, SecondAct Woman, American Association of Healers, Optimist and Rotary International. She is the host of the top-rated radio show and podcast, “FLAUNT! Find Your Sparkle and Create a Life You Love After Infidelity and Betrayal.”
Resources & Links:
Retreat with Kate
Lora on Facebook
Lora on YouTube
Lora on Instagram
Lora on LinkedIn
Download your “Sparkle after Betrayal Recovery Guide
DISCLAIMER: THE COMMENTARY AND OPINIONS AVAILABLE ON THIS PODCAST ARE FOR INFORMATIONAL AND ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY AND NOT FOR THE PURPOSE OF PROVIDING LEGAL OR PSYCHOLOGICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD CONTACT AN ATTORNEY, COACH, OR THERAPIST IN YOUR STATE TO OBTAIN ADVICE WITH RESPECT TO ANY PARTICULAR ISSUE OR PROBLEM.
TODAY’S EPISODE IS SPONSORED BY: WORTHY
The Divorce Survival Guide podcast is sponsored by Worthy.
Worthy helps you get the most money possible for your diamond jewelry or luxury watch, fast and risk-free. Their experts do all the work for you, and their competitive auctions get you up to 3X what a local jeweler might offer in as little as 2 weeks.
With Worthy, you’re in control from start to finish. If your item doesn’t sell for the price you want, Worthy sends it back to you at no cost, fully insured.
And now for a limited time you’ll get an extra $100 when your jewelry sells for over $1,500. All you have to do is register at https://worthy.com/dsg-podcast. (See website for terms.)