July 28th, 2022
Episode 178: From Toxic to Free with Heidi Brocke
Dr. Heidi Brocke joins me for a discussion about toxic relationships and healing from them. Heidi is a toxic relationship awareness and healing specialist. After 14 years in an extremely emotionally and narcissistically abusive relationship, she broke the chains and turned her past into her passion. Today it is her mission to provide hope, healing, and freedom to those whose lives have been affected by toxic relationships, emotional abuse, and narcissistic behaviors.
- Heidi shares what she would say to women afraid to leave a partner for fear of alienation from their children (10:20)
- When we stay “for our kids,” we think we are mitigating toxic behavior but in reality, we are condoning it (12:14)
- What the word toxic means in toxic relationships (15:42)
- The importance of shifting the focus on the diagnosis of your partner to focusing on you and what feels good or right for you (29:40)
- The only thing consistent about a toxic person is that they are inconsistent (34:40)
Learn more about Dr. Heidi Brocke:
Dr. Heidi Brocke is a Toxic Relationship Awareness & Healing Specialist. After spending 14 years in an extremely emotionally and narcissistically abusive relationship she broke the chains and turned her past into her passion; She left her 24 years career in healthcare to use her life experience and education to be the person she needed when she herself was trapped in the darkness of an unhealthy relationship to provide hope, healing, and freedom to those whose lives have been affected by toxic relationships, emotional abuse, and narcissistic behaviors.
Through education, she presents the understanding needed to empower others to walk through fear and into their freedom.
Today she has helped hundreds rid and heal their toxic relationships and hosts the popular podcast, It’s not Normal, It’s Toxic-rid your life of toxic people – with over a million listens worldwide.
She’s an international keynote speaker, recipient of Empowering Women in Business of The Year award by Inspiring Lives Magazine, and has been featured in both Forbes and Time Magazines for the dedication given to her clients and for her work in the toxic relationship area.
Resources & Links:
Heidi on Facebook
Heidi on LinkedIn
Heidi on Instagram
Heidi’s Freedom Me Course
It’s Not Normal, It’s Toxic with Dr, Heidi Brocke
The Divorce and Beyond Podcast with Susan Guthrie, Esq.
TODAY’S EPISODE IS SPONSORED BY:
THE DIVORCE SURVIVAL PROGRAM
As one of the pioneers of the divorce coaching industry, I’ve been helping women (most of whom are moms) navigate the divorce process for the last decade.
AND NOW, FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, ALL OF MY DIVORCE WISDOM IS AVAILABLE IN ONE ONLINE PROGRAM.
This program is 100% for you if…
- You’re a mom looking for a clear roadmap to a divorce that won’t destroy your kids
- You’re looking for answers and a roadmap
- You understand that divorce is a long game
- You’re willing to put away your boxing gloves
- You want this to be a respectful and collaborative process in service of your kids
- You understand that divorce is, first and foremost, an emotional process and you’re ready to ‘go there’
Are you ready to learn from one of the world’s top divorce experts and set yourself on the path towards the best possible outcome?