June 29th, 2023
This week’s episode explores intuition and its role in decision-making with guest Dr. Carolyn Kurle. If we always followed our intuition, life would be sooo easy, right? Not exactly, but getting in touch with your intuition, what lights you up, and looking at hard data, can help you make decisions with clarity and peace.
Dr. Carolyn Kurle is a Biology Professor at the University of California, San Diego. As a scientist, Carolyn relies on logical thinking. Still, she also values quieting the false stories in our minds and fully integrating our feeling and intuitive selves to navigate the flow of life from a place of wholeness.
Featured topics include:
- Recognizing when you are in an unproductive groove is the first step to harnessing the power of intuition (7:35)
- Instead of running away from your inner critic or fear, get curious about it – that’s where the transformation can happen (12:44)
- “You have the agency to leave, change, and make different choices moving forward. It is powerful and amazing.” (15:34)
- How to work through disconnecting or disassociating from the information you don’t want to face (24:52)
- Finding a way to get into a productive and intuitive groove (41:20)
Learn more about Dr. Carolyn Kurle:
Dr. Carolyn Kurle is a Biology Professor at the University of California, San Diego. As a scientist, Carolyn relies on logical thinking, but she also values quieting the false stories in our minds and fully integrating our feeling, intuitive selves to navigate the flow of life from a place of wholeness.
Carolyn’s work with hundreds of outstanding students at UCSD, many of whom paradoxically struggle to find ease, motivated her to write the book, The Guidance Groove: Escape Unproductive Habits, Trust Your Intuition, and Be True. Her book is an invitation to question the truth of the stories you’ve been conditioned to believe so you can more easily connect with the wisdom emanating from your intuitive guidance, increase your personal authenticity and contentment, and make choices from love instead of ego and fear.
TODAY’S EPISODE IS SPONSORED BY:
THE REVISED SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO? PROGRAM
DISCLAIMER: THE COMMENTARY AND OPINIONS AVAILABLE ON THIS PODCAST ARE FOR INFORMATIONAL AND ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY AND NOT FOR THE PURPOSE OF PROVIDING LEGAL OR PSYCHOLOGICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD CONTACT AN ATTORNEY, COACH, OR THERAPIST IN YOUR STATE TO OBTAIN ADVICE WITH RESPECT TO ANY PARTICULAR ISSUE OR PROBLEM.