May 11th, 2023
Tracy Coenen returns to the show to talk about hidden money, secret spending, and how to win the money you deserve in your divorce. Tracy is a forensic accountant and has been investigating fraud for more than 25 years. She finds money in corporate fraud cases, high-net-worth divorces, and other financial shenanigans. In this episode, she shares information about the ways money can be hidden and how to assert your autonomy, take control, and reach a fair and deserved settlement.
Featured topics include:
- Why it is important to be mindful of the language used around money and divorce. (4:16)
- Tracy talks about her new book, Find Me The Money!, and how it aims to empower women to win a fair divorce settlement. (7:39)
- How to know if your spouse is hiding money, and some ways money can be hidden (such as a secret credit card) (9:59)
- The five secret thieves of divorce: shame, betrayal, isolation, insecurity, and overwhelm (15:06)
- Innocent spouse relief: what it means and how it plays into the divorce process (26:20)
- How to reconcile winning the money you deserve versus the hurdles you’ll need to jump to win it – is it worth it? (35:19)
Learn more about Tracy Coenen:
Tracy Coenen has been investigating fraud for more than 25 years, but she didn’t always want to be a forensic accountant. With a dream of one day being a prison warden, Tracy went to Marquette University in Milwaukee, WI to get a criminology degree. A class on financial crime investigations reminded her how much she loved Encyclopedia Brown books as a kid. She continued her criminology degree, but added accounting and economics courses so she could sit for the CPA exam… and here Tracy is, finding money in cases of corporate fraud, high net worth divorce, and other financial shenanigans.
Resources & Links:
Join me TOMORROW, May 12th, for a special Split UP: The TEEN Years screening event! To secure your spot and get all the details, visit http://kateanthony.com/split.