December 21st, 2023
This week’s episode focuses on the impact of significant life transitions on relationships and mental health, emphasizing the need for open communication and understanding. Alessandra Torresani is my special-guest. She is a multi-hyphenate actress, host, creator, and mental health advocate.
In this episode, Alessandra’s candidness extends to societal stigmas, the fear of judgment, and the importance of recognizing mental health challenges in both men and women. By sharing her journey with Bipolar 1 Disorder, Alessandra aims to break down barriers and encourage others to seek help, fostering a community of support and understanding.
Tune in for a conversation about postpartum struggles, mental health challenges, and navigating parenthood with vulnerability and strength.
Featured topics include:
- Alessandra discusses the physical, emotional, and identity changes of being a new mom. (4:36)
- The impact of significant life transitions, such as becoming a parent, on marriages (5:33)
- We explore the question, “Why does stating you want a divorce seem like such a surprise to a partner?” (17:00)
- What to know when it comes to creating a parenting plan as a new mom (18:55)
- Alessandra shares her experience living with Bipolar 1 Disorder and navigating motherhood and marriage while not being medicated (24:26)
- Mental health and relationships: Some advice for those in relationships where someone has a mental illness and is not doing anything about it (40:09)
Learn more about Alessandra Torresani:
Alessandra is a multi-hyphenate actress, host, creator, and mental health advocate. She is dedicated to de-stigmatizing mental health by spreading kindness, compassion and hope. She brings tons of fun and laughter to her mission with sharing her story about living with BiPolar 1 Disorder on her podcast EmotionAL Support.
Resources & Links:
Get Your Curated Podcast Playlist!
Answer four easy questions and you’ll get a curated list of podcast episodes to best support you as you navigate these tricky waters.
I’ll also help you identify where you currently stand on this journey, and what’s ahead, with resources to help you move through this process with knowledge and grace.
DISCLAIMER: THE COMMENTARY AND OPINIONS AVAILABLE ON THIS PODCAST ARE FOR INFORMATIONAL AND ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY AND NOT FOR THE PURPOSE OF PROVIDING LEGAL OR PSYCHOLOGICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD CONTACT AN ATTORNEY, COACH, OR THERAPIST IN YOUR STATE TO OBTAIN ADVICE WITH RESPECT TO ANY PARTICULAR ISSUE OR PROBLEM.