May 6th, 2021
Episode 117: Radical Intimacy with Zoë Kors
We are so conditioned to expect that Prince Charming will show up on his white horse and deliver us radical intimacy; he will sweep us off our feet and the rest is history. Let’s be real – that’s just not how intimacy works.
In fact, as Zoë Kors, a sought-after thought leader on intimacy and sexuality, says “We are not taught these [intimacy] skills. We are programmed to believe passion, sex, and love happen spontaneously.” Zoë joins me to discuss how to cultivate radical intimacy within ourselves and explore why we expect and often demand something from others we don’t know how to give to ourselves.
We tend to think intimacy is something that requires a lover, but radical intimacy is a rich experience of yourself; and as a result, it allows you to have a rich experience with someone else. Tune in to hear how to embrace a radically intimate life.
- What Zoe means when she uses the term ‘radical intimacy’. (3:38)
- Cultivating intimacy and the three areas of intimacy: physical, emotional, and energetic. (7:19)
- Energetic intimacy and the emotional attachment myth – women believe they are, by nature, are emotionally attached to the people they have sex with. (10:30)
- Some habits and actions we do disconnect us from our bodies. (21:46)
- Three ways we run away from pain and feel discomfort: denial, distraction, and deflection. (24:11)
- Coming out of a marriage is an opportunity to heal and take back your sovereignty. (36:57)
- The paths of sexual healing and finding safety in your own body. (40:01)
- How to reignite sexual intimacy within relationships. (42:04)
Learn More About Zoë:
Zoë is the resident sex and intimacy coach and contributor at Coral, sexual wellness app. Zoë is the former Senior Editor and Creative Director of LA Yoga Magazine. Zoë’s article, 6 Ways to Have Radically Intimate Sex, quickly went viral and is currently at over 2 million views and over 250K Facebook shares.
In addition to a thriving private practice, Zoë offers her services through the Center for Relational Healing, which specializes in the treatment of sex addicts and their partners. As a team member, Zoë works with clients to reintroduce healthy sexuality and intimacy after the trauma of betrayal.
She is a certified Co-Active Coach with the prestigious Co-Active Training Institute in San Rafael, CA. Zoë is initiated in the Sri Vidya tantra lineage. Her work reflects her extensive study of Tantra, Zen Buddhism, Meditation, Yoga, Breathwork, and other Eastern disciplines, which she integrates with more process-oriented modalities of Western psychotherapy and Co-Active Coaching.
Resources & Links:
Zoe on Instagram
FREE download from Zoe: 21 Days to Mind-blowing Sex