May 14th, 2021
Dr. Shefali, an expert in family dynamics and personal development and NY Times Best-selling author, joins me this week to talk about how to radically awaken yourself from the fear-based patterns women have been raised into and instead embrace our truths and live free.
We explore many of the glitches in psychological armor that keep women from daring to speak up. Dr. Shefali also helps us to understand why we are giving up our power every day of our lives—to food, to self-loathing, or to other people. As Dr. Shefali says, “If we don’t see it and name it, we will forever be devoured by it.”
- A radical awakening to cultural conditioning women have been raised into. (5:57)
- The childhood abduction of our authentic self. (8:40)
- Why women are prone to living on a hamster wheel of life and how to stand in the power of your worth instead. (13:38)
- The tug of war between listening to our inner being versus what culture expects us to be. (17:20)
- How to get to a place of radical awakening—there is no shame in asking for help. (22:22)
- Why it is important to break the image of being good, perfect, superwomen. Baring our truth shouldn’t be a maverick move. Being ordinary/average is good. (24:05)
- The lies about love, marriage, and divorce. (29:49)
- What Dr. Shefali means when she says, “Your ego can be betrayed but your essence cannot be.” (31:53)
- Women have been culturally trained to doubt themselves. We explore how self-doubt gets in the way of deciding whether you should stay or go. (34:37)
Learn More About Dr. Shefali:
Dr. Shefali received her doctorate in clinical psychology from Columbia University. Specializing in the integration of Western psychology and Eastern philosophy, she brings together the best of both worlds for her clients. She is an expert in family dynamics and personal development, teaching courses around the globe. She has written four books, three of which are New York Times best-sellers, including her two landmark books The Conscious Parent and The Awakened Family.
Oprah has endorsed her work as revolutionary and life-changing. Dr. Shefali’s ground-breaking approach to mindful living and parenting has taken her books to the top of the NY Times best-sellers list. Her blend of clinical psychology and eastern mindfulness sets her apart as a leader in the field of mindfulness psychology.
As an international speaker, she speaks at events around the globe, spreading her message of conscious parenting and mindful living. She also has a private practice where she consults with families and couples.
TODAY’S EPISODE IS SPONSORED BY:
Proof. Protection. Peace of Mind.
The Soberlink remote alcohol monitoring system consists of a portable breathalyzer with wireless technology for real-time results. With proven use as the leading choice in child custody cases since 2011, we are the only system that combines:
Court-admissibility in all 50 states
- Facial recognition
- Tamper detection
- Easy-to-read Advanced Reporting™
Trust the Experts in Remote Alcohol Monitoring Technology™ to support the best interests of the child in your Family Law cases.