June 16th, 2022
Have you ever wondered what it’s like being a child of divorced parents? This week, Bella Duncan of a Kid With Two Homes joins me to share her experience as a child of divorce. She shares her experiences of divorce, separation, and family conflict.
Bella is determined to make a change for the better. She has gone between two homes since her parents divorced when she was three years old. Growing up in two homes, she experienced firsthand many of the issues children of divorce face as young adults. I learned a lot from my conversation with Bella. She is so smart and insightful at such a young age. She is truly remarkable.
- Why Bella stresses the importance of communication skills between kids and their divorced parents (8:35)
- What high conflict means to a child of divorce and how it feels to be the child in the middle (12:47)
- “Being in the middle makes you feel like you are responsible for your parents’ conflict.” (15:52)
- Accepting your parents’ divorce is an ongoing process and something you have to consistently work on, even as a young adult (22:47)
- A reminder that your child’s perspective about your divorce can be vastly different from your own (25:09)
- Why a child should never feel responsible or guilty about spending quality time with their parents (32:03)
- How parents can do better for children of divorce (39:18)
Learn more about Bella Duncan:
Bella is an empowered kid of divorce who is determined to make change for the better. Currently, at 23, Bella has recently completed a Bachelor of Law and a Bachelor of Psychology. Bella has gone between two homes since her parents divorced at age three. Growing up in two homes, she experienced firsthand many of the issues children of divorce face. As a young adult, she was inspired to provide a helpful resource to help kids of divorce feel seen, heard, and less alone.
Resources & Links:
TODAY’S EPISODE IS SPONSORED BY:
Proof. Protection. Peace of Mind.
The Soberlink remote alcohol monitoring system consists of a portable breathalyzer with wireless technology for real-time results. With proven use as the leading choice in child custody cases since 2011, we are the only system that combines:
- Court admissibility in all 50 states
- Facial recognition
- Tamper detection
- Easy-to-read Advanced Reporting™
Trust the Experts in Remote Alcohol Monitoring Technology™ to support the best interests of the child in your Family Law cases.