June 30th, 2021
Caroline Dooner has written one of my favorite books, The F*ck It Diet. This book is for chronic dieters who want to heal their relationship with food. Yes, hello! She joined me on the podcast this week to talk about her book, rejecting diet culture, and why, as a culture, we are so addicted to dieting.
The majority of our culture is stuck in a brainwashing assumption that food is bad and dangerous. If you’ve been on a million diets, and feel out of control with food, this episode (and Caroline’s book) is for you.
- What drives our obsession and addiction to dieting. (5:27)
- Why it’s counterintuitive to our nature to restrict food and not trust our body’s appetite and cravings. (10:30)
- Do diets actually work? Here’s a hint: NO! (13:44)
- Restricting food is really bad for your mental health. (21:17)
- Weight stigma is outright unhealthy. (38:21)
- The patriarchal influence on women’s bodies, diet culture, body image, and intuition. (40:50)
- Why it is unhelpful for us to have guilt and self-punishing beliefs about food and about eating. (53:14)
Learn More About Caroline:
Caroline is a writer, humorist, and the author of The F*ck It Diet, a book for chronic dieters who want to heal their relationship with food. She is currently writing her second book on toxic self-help and burnout.
Resources & Links:
TODAY’S EPISODE IS SPONSORED BY:
Proof. Protection. Peace of Mind.
The Soberlink remote alcohol monitoring system consists of a portable breathalyzer with wireless technology for real-time results. With proven use as the leading choice in child custody cases since 2011, we are the only system that combines:
- Court-admissibility in all 50 states
- Facial recognition
- Tamper detection
- Easy-to-read Advanced Reporting™
Trust the Experts in Remote Alcohol Monitoring Technology™ to support the best interests of the child in your Family Law cases.